mélancolie

Monday, December 29, 2008

beyoncé in gareth pugh. who would have thought?

Beyonce in Gareth Pugh. Who would have thought? Beyonces performance at the EMA’s 2008 with “If I where a boy” was great, I got goose-skin and normally I’m not a Beyonce fan. Also her body looked damn hot in Gareth’s creation although I’m more a skinny bitch lover. Just her bling bling earrings weren’t adapted okay and this ‘strange-old-superhero-dragon-whatever-knight’ glove was too much. Anyway really untypical for her ‘cause she’s the classic Pop-Diva not the “avant-garde” woman. But everybody changes his/her look in the run of his/her life.
'Her fashion evolution could be credited to her nemesis Rihanna who’s always had a stylish edge over her rival. It could also be down to Etta James. Beyonce plays Etta in the new movie Cadillac and it appears the character left an impression on her. Is it all a little too late? Often criticized for being boring and ostentatious can Beyonce ever be a style icon in your eyes? Or will she forever be an over-styled pop diva?
More from Beyonce in Garteh’s creations…
'


10 comments:

  1. ich muss sagen dass ich beyoncé sehr mag.
    in ihrem neuen video trägt sie auch gareth pugh.
    ich mag sie darin.
    dein neuer blog ist genauso schön wie der alte.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing!

    www.balmainbazaar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wirkt falsch. und ansonsten macht sie immernoch die gleiche scheisse. siehe haare, make-up und wie du sagtest schmuck.

    pfui.
    nein ich kann die nicht mehr ernst nehmen.
    vorallem war der einstieg ins leben als stilbewusster mensch etwas holprig.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ich glaube auch nicht, dass sich Beyonce noch transformieren kann. Das Kleid wirkt bei ihr auch einfach nicht.
    Wofür ich mich aber sehr begeistern kann ist ihre Figur. Denn ich bin ein Fan von richtigen Frauen, die den Mut haben zu ihrer Weiblichkeit zu stehen. Und dafür schätze ich Beyonce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also ich muss sagen langsam gewöhnt man sich an B. in Gareth Pugh...bei den EMAs standen meine Nackenhaare schon ein bißchen aufrecht...

    ReplyDelete
  6. After some thought on this and discussion with friends, I've come to the conclusion that I really like Beyonce in Gareth Pugh. I mean, his creations are MEANT for big-time stage presence!! Plus they all have a lot of shape built into them, so I think they work even better on Beyonce's curvy frame.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hm, I love the Pugh, but I don't know if I really love it on Beyonce. I do agree with Zana that the clothes are meant for the stage, and there's nothing wrong with being bootylicious, but I do feel like those jutting angles of the first dress do look better on the skinny bitch type. The second dress, however, is quite flattering to her figure...

    xxx,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think she looks pretty amazing in the dresses you posted, however I still can't help but think there is something about her that screams try-hard!! Especially in the chain sunglasses she wears in the DIVA videoclip. They just look so wrong on her :(

    ReplyDelete

.


© raphaela anouk
+++
all contents belong to me.
if you want to reblog something, please do not forget the credits.
+++
for any questions, write me:
raphaelaanouk@gmail.com
+++